When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together—lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you’ll be doing...
Our team is continuously working on new technologies to improve the customer experience. And you can be part of it. Your role will involve working on the software for our new and innovative products that will help us redefine how media is consumed in the world today. You’ll use the latest private cloud technologies with a focus on automation, reliability, scalability, and performance. Your important work will help us build and maintain the next generation of reliable TV services to delight our customers.
Coding automation scripts that deploy, monitor and deal with failover scenarios.
Supporting developers working on infrastructure components.
Working on the latest private cloud technologies to redefine how continuous integration works in private clouds.
Troubleshooting live services.
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technologies and the possibilities they create. You are driven and motivated to thrive in a dynamic work environment with different stakeholders/architects/business clients across large enterprise systems. You are great at analyzing business requirements and translating them into system requirements using the lens of the customer experience. You are excellent at working in teams and can use your interpersonal skills to get your point across.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in VMware and Storage Arrays.
- Knowledge of bare metal and Vmware virtualized networking and managing block storage from VMware.
- Experience in administering cloud technologies (e.g. PowerMTA, Postfix, Sendmail, Dovecot etc) and Redhat 6, 7 & 8 on bare metal and virtual machines.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of networking technologies including subnetting, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Experience with DevOps automation toolsets and their usage (e.g. Ansible, Docker Compose, Chef, Puppet), Preferably with Ansible
- Extensive experience working with Block Storage Systems such as EMC VMAX, EMC XtremIO, and EMC Unity and Network Storage Systems such as EMC Isilon, and others.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Where you’ll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.