When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together—lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you’ll be doing...
You will contribute towards creating, operating and supporting Cloud and DevOps Platform based Products/Services for mission and business-critical applications within Verizon. Under the mentorship of PO & PMs, you will work as a lead team member on various products.
Can analyze business and technical requirements to design and develop automation solutions for IT operations Has experience creating and maintaining infrastructure automation using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, or equivalent
Mentoring junior developers and supporting them to perform their job activities.
Providing inputs to AWS solution architecture and driving the implementation of it with the team.
Creating automation to manage and monitor AWS environments for cost overruns, security vulnerabilities and governance requirements.
Troubleshooting production issues and providing automated fixes, where possible, to reduce manual burden.
Creating and managing centralized logging and monitoring infrastructure on AWS.
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technologies and the possibilities they create. You are driven and motivated to thrive in a dynamic work environment with different stakeholders/architects/business clients across large enterprise systems. You are great at analyzing business requirements and translating them into system requirements using the lens of the customer experience. You are excellent at working in teams and can use your interpersonal skills to get your point across.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, or Bash.
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or equivalent
- Experience with AWS, Vmware ESXi, Vsphere, VROPS, Log Insight, Splunk workloads, security, and governance preferred
- Experience with AWS CLI, AWS AMI, and EKS, EKS-Anywhere Strong knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or SaltShack
- Experience performing audits on automation solutions to ensure they are functioning as intended and identify areas for improvement
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in a high-performance, high-availability environment development.
- Ability to troubleshoot production problems, identify RCA and automate fixes.
- Three or more years of experience managing DevOps products like, Gitlab, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Technology & Cloud certification.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional certification.
- Kubernetes cluster management experience (installing, configuring, securing, upgrading, scaling, managing, monitoring).
- Operational knowledge of AWS EKS, ECS, Fargate and Lambda services.
- Solid experience with SRE Practices.
- Experience as a Linux administrator in a systems operations role.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Verizon is committed to maintaining a Total Rewards package which is competitive, valued by our employees, and differentiates us as an Employer of Choice.
We are a ‘pay for performance’ company and your contribution is rewarded through competitive salaries, performance-based incentives and an employee Stock Program. We create an opportunity for us all to share in the success of Verizon and the value we help to create through this broad-based discretionary equity award program.
Your benefits are market competitive and delivered by some of the best providers.
You are provided with a full spectrum of health and wellbeing resources, including a first in-class Employee Assistance Program, to empower you to make positive health decisions.
We offer generous paid time off benefits to help you manage your work life balance and opportunities for flexible working arrangements*.
Verizon provides training and development for all levels, to help you enhance your skills and develop your career, from funding towards education assistance, award-winning training, online development tools and access to industry research.
You will be able to take part in volunteering opportunities as part of our environmental, community and sustainability commitment.
Your benefits package will vary depending on the country in which you work.
*subject to business approval
Where you’ll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.