When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together—lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you’ll be doing...
Our team is continuously working on new technologies to improve the customer experience. And you can be part of it. Your role will involve working on the software for our new and innovative products that will help us redefine how media is consumed in the world today. You’ll use the latest private cloud technologies with a focus on automation, reliability, scalability, and performance. Your important work will help us build and maintain the next generation of reliable TV services to delight our customers.
Coding automation scripts that deploy, monitor and deal with failover scenarios.
Supporting developers working on infrastructure components.
Working on the latest private cloud technologies to redefine how continuous integration works in private clouds.
Troubleshooting live services.
What we’re looking for...
You are excited by the prospect of working on ground breaking technology in a creative and entrepreneurial environment. You’re a great team player and can use your excellent communication skills to get your point across to technical and non-technical audiences alike. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage competing priorities with ease and get a kick out of finding innovative solutions to complex problems.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working as cloud solution architect.
- Knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
- Experience with scripting in Bash, Perl, or Python.
- Experience using Shell or Python (or similar scripting language); Git or Subversion; Linux system administration (RHEL or Ubuntu); and Ansible or Puppet
- Experience in micro-service architecture running in containers (Docker or other containerization technology)
- Administration and development of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins; and AWS Cloud platform with EC2, VPC, AMI and IAM
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience with developing automation pipeline and scripts.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Experience with Monitoring systems and Ant, Maven or similar software.
- Knowledge of networking technologies including subnetting, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Experience with high-availability distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Web Servers like Tomcat or NGINX.
- Experience with Java virtual machine deployments.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Where you’ll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.