When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together—lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you’ll be doing…
The Verizon Product Security Team ensures security by design product engineering and architecture for both consumer and business products. As a Principal Security Architect, you will work to conduct security assessments on both Consumer and Business products and solutions. You will help to create, define, and implement security controls and tooling in conjunction with product development teams and product owners. You will manage multiple projects with a degree of impact and complexity that must be carefully controlled to support the internal business unit security requirements.
You will also work in conjunction with security stakeholders in other areas of the business and make decisions and help lead initiatives to ensure timely delivery of security solutions that support business objectives. You will also manage work that involves coordination with multiple organizations and is the focal point within the group.
Help implement Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) practices and use automation where possible
Work with the product development teams to perform security design/code reviews and vulnerability assessment.
Provide security guidance to Engineering and Product teams.
Contribute to security architecture and assist in building and rolling out processes for secure code development and deployment involving truly cutting edge technology
Contribute to security policy, standards, and guidelines related to Information Security
Evaluate and operationalize new technologies for securing the organization
Create security user stories and security test cases for products that are tailored to the product attributes and technology
Support and advise product owner and product development teams by ensuring technical and architectural feasibility, readiness and compliance.
What we’re looking for…
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Experience in cybersecurity.
- Experience with security requirements analyses, building threat models, performing security design reviews, applying zero trust principles.
- Knowledge of application security vulnerabilities, secure coding, attack surfaces and countermeasures.
- Knowledge of S-SDLC, best practices for secure coding, understanding of OWASP Top 10, CIS Top 20
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, container security best practices.
- Experience with Threat Management and Monitoring tools (like CrowdSrike, GuardDuty, Tenable, CloudTrail, Cloudwatch) and container security tools.
- Experience with building security and hardening Cloud Containers, Cloud OS, on-premise/cloud storage, like Cassandra, MongoDB, Data Warehouse and Object-Based storage.
- Hands on experience on security testing like SAST, DAST, SCA and Pen testing
- Understanding of authentication protocols like OID, OAuth2.0, SAML
- Hands-on experience in securing software development projects using iOS/Android platforms
- Familiar with Content Streaming Services Security like DRM, CA (Widevine, Playready, FairPlay)
- Written and verbal skills for communicating security concepts and solutions.
- Ability to prioritize between and execute on multiple work streams.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- One of more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISM, SANS, CCSK.
“If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.”
Where you’ll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.