When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together—lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position will provide critical support to a Business and Government Customer Operation outsource vendor locations. You will be providing direction on goals and responsibilities of the vendor program to drive performance. This position will be responsible for identifying and correcting training gaps, program opportunities and executing on action plans to improve operational and customer results. This role will be critical in improving the new hire experience and deliver innovative ideas through to completion to enhance the BGCO operations.
You will possess knowledge of call center operations to include: methods and procedures, quality assurance, training, resource planning and coaching effectiveness.
Partnering to influence the new hire experience and associated metrics.
Establishing alignment of priorities and goals with all levels of program personnel.
Assessing all functional execution and identify gaps in performance.
Directing and influencing action planning, implementation and execution on all Key Performance Indicators.
Conducting daily operational meetings to assess results and performance around training readiness, daily shrink plan, go-to-market implementation, attainment and customer experience impacts.
Assessing Partner performance and implement action plans based on needs.
Conducting side by side call observations with representatives, new hire training and observations, lead calibration sessions and regularly provide effective feedback for improved performance.
Reviewing and analyzing current center results to identify trends and provide recommendations.
Observing huddles, training session for continuing education and the new hire experience for execution and content alignment.
Identifying leadership opportunities and conduct leader huddles/workshops to improve coaching skills & knowledge.
Where you’ll be working
In this site based role, you will have a defined work location that includes travel for onsite visits and in office days.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years experience in a customer-facing role; i.e. sales, customer service, or retail.
- Capable of supporting 24/7 operations including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Even better if you have:
- A college degree.
- Call center experience.
- Vendor management experience.
- Two years experience in a supervisory, trainer or quality role.
- Two or more years of experience with working with Telco programs.
- Experience in working in a remote/virtual environment with proven success.
- Skill in Google’s G-Suite (e.g., Docs, Sheets) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of systems and tools like; Reporting dashboards, Tableau, ACSS, ETE, Optix, Enhance, and Loyalty Tools.
- Experience in using call monitoring tracking systems/tools (Verint, Speech Analytics).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization.
- Experience in training initiatives and delivery.
- Proven experience with facilitation and written communication to leadership
- Project Management experience
Where you’ll be workingIn this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.