When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together—lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a talented engineer well versed in software development, services-oriented architecture, microservices, cloud technologies, configuration management and continuous integration.
- Developed and Deployed Cloud Native Applications for Container environments.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and creating innovative solutions.
- Effectively prioritize work and encourage best practices in others.
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability.
- Develop and deliver creative solutions to deliver enhancements to existing system and tackle new challenges both as an individual contributor and as a member of an agile scrum team.
- Analyze, design, implement and validate software designs and integration workflows.
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop best practices and software development strategies for existing and new services.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of software development experience.
- Experience with REST API design and implementation.
- Knowledge of microservices principles and best practices.
- Experience on Containers (Docker, Kubernetes and/or similar), migration and deployment of services to K8s on Open shift.
- Experienced in CI/CD process.
- Experience in one or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache, Springboot).
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience communicating complicated concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience/familiarity with eSIM/GSMA specifications
- Experience with: Linux (RedHat, Linux, Mac, Windows).
- Networking protocols such as HTTP, SSH, DNS and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems/Cloud Computing.
- Experience managing multiple applications and services as part of a large and diverse platform.
- Experience with building reliable systems at scale.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and NoSQL based solutions such as Couchbase/Cassandra/Elasticsearch
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Where you’ll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.