When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together—lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you’ll be doing...
As the System Manager you will be providing oversight for day-to-day and future operations on a large government project.
- Overseeing the planning, executing, controlling, and closing of NGTP.
- Overseeing the supporting technical subcontractors
- Coordinating maintenance activities, scheduling, assignments, technical engineering, performance, installations, material ordering, staging, deliverables, billing, training, subcontracting, and any other activities associated with the daily performance of a large Avaya UC/CC environment.
- Overseeing Change Request activities.
- Coordinating weekly project planning meetings to include an agenda and recorded minutes and action items.
- Working closely with the Chief Engineer and Operations Manager, recommending technical capabilities and process improvements.
- Maintaining accurate records for maintenance, equipment inspections, drawings, cable and circuit configurations, inventory, telephone directory, line and equipment assignments, and trunks and transmission circuits.
- Providing notification to the COR, in writing via email, within two hours of a Contractor employee’s injury or illness.
This position is located in Woodlawn, MD and cannot be remote.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project and program management experience.
- PMP Certification.
- ITIL certification.
- Active government issued security clearance at a Public Trust level, or eligibility to obtain and maintain this clearance.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Five or more years of project management experience in managing a telephone switching network and associated operations for civilian, military, or Government customers. Including managing a telephone switching network with a minimum of 20,000 telephone lines or UC seats.
- Five or more years in Contact Center and Unified Communications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong in group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, business development and problem-solving skills with a strong ability to develop financial models and internal/external research to support business decisions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that enable comfortable interaction with senior executives, boards, physicians and community leaders.
- Experience with performing detailed market assessments and successfully negotiating contracts.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively manage time in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional work groups, manage project teams and achieve results.
Where you’ll be working
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.