When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In your role as security sales specialist, you’ll be finding the right technology to help ensure our executive customers of large enterprises keep their systems secure and spot risks before they become real threats. But you’ll be doing more than just providing IT security—you’ll help customers prepare for the unexpected, defend their systems, and protect their business, brand, and bottom line.
- Forging strong customer relationships with senior leaders and key influencers.
- Evaluating and identifying vulnerabilities and risks in customer systems.
- Proposing tailored solutions to address customer security threats and risks.
- Handling all aspects of sales from start to finish.
- Assessing results and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
Selling runs in your DNA. You’re up on the latest security technology and know just how it can help your customers. You thrive in an environment where you get to combine it all: people, technology and sales. Your strong dedication for sales success, customer service excellence, and your consultative selling approach have earned you the respect and trust of others. The value and high level design of complex security solutions are understood because you explain them in human terms. You know how to relate to senior leaders and orchestrate big deals.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Sold or consulted on IT solutions.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Presented compelling business cases to c-suite buyers. Ideally, in large global accounts.
- Evaluated and documented customer technical needs. Ideally, relating to IT security.
- Sold complex security solutions.
- Anticipated and mitigated technical barriers to sale or implementation.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Where you’ll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours37.5
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.